Consumer Food Safety

  1. Food-Related Complaints
  2. Foodborne Illness
  3. Temporary Food Service Events
  4. Preventing Contamination

What should I do if I have concerns about a restaurant or grocery store? Or if someone appears to be unlawfully selling a food item?

  • Contact the food service establishment and advise them of your concerns.
  • Call the Environmental Health Division, (970) 874-2165, to report your concerns. The complaints can be made anonymously, and inspectors will promptly inquire and inspect the subject business. As much information as you know regarding your concerns must be made available to the Division so a complete investigation may be made. Please leave your name and number with the Division for follow-up; or
  • Fill out and submit the online Restaurant Complaint Form.