- Home Page
- Health Department
- Public Health Services
- Women's Health Services
Women's Health Services
Health Services for women, their partners, and teens.
Our family planning department offers a variety of confidential and compassionate services to support individuals and families in making informed decisions about their reproductive health. Our team of healthcare professionals is dedicated to providing high-quality care in a welcoming and non-judgmental environment. Our services include birth control options, STI testing and treatment, pregnancy testing and counseling, and education on reproductive health. We also offer confidential counseling services to help individuals navigate their reproductive choices. To make an appointment or talk with one of the nurses, call the Health Department at (970) 874-2165
Breast and cervical cancer screenings
We offer free breast and cervical cancer through the “Butterfly Program” which allows women the opportunity to receive pap smears, pelvic exams, breast exams and mammograms to screen for cancer. To qualify, a woman must be between the ages of 40-64, meet household income guidelines, and not have insurance that covers these services.
Our nurse practitioner and registered nurses provide:
- Health care education
- Physical exams include breast exam, Pap smear, pelvic exam
- Mammogram referral
- Case management for abnormal results
- Referrals for additional diagnostics and treatment
Family Planning Services Provided
Family Planning is the planning of when to have children and the use of birth control and other techniques to implement such plans. Delta County Health Department’s Family Planning Program is dedicated to providing reproductive health care services and birth control supplies to men and women who need and want them. All family planning services are confidential. Teens are welcomed and encouraged to participate in their health care. Fees are on a sliding scale. Medicaid and private insurance are accepted.
All services are provided by nurse practitioners and registered nurses, Spanish interpreters are available.
- Birth Control
- Pregnancy tests
- STD testing and treatment for men and women
- Annual physical exams for women: includes pap test, breast exam, and labs as indicated
- Health Education and counseling
- Referrals for care beyond the scope of program services
- Community presentations and outreach
Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI)
The Delta County Health Department provides screening tests and treatment for sexually transmitted infections to people over the age of 12. All services are strictly confidential.
Further Information--Reproductive and General Health Care Links
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Bedsider Birth Control Support Network
- I Wanna Know
- Planned Parenthood
- Teens Health
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Women's Wellness Connection
- American Cancer Society
- The Division of STD Prevention
- The Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention
- American Sexual Health Association