Options for Long Term Care (OLTC)
Scope of Programs
Delta, Gunnison, Hinsdale Options for Long Term Care agency is the Single Entry Point to a variety of Medicaid long term care programs. Our programs include the Home and Community Based Service waivers (HCBS), long term care home health benefits (LTHH), nursing home admissions, Home Care Allowance (HCA), Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), and Adult Foster Care if available.
Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver
The HCBS waiver program is meant to keep individuals in the community in the least restrictive setting. This setting could be the individual’s own home or apartment, a relative/caregiver’s dwelling, or an assisted living facility if available. The goal of the waiver programs is to assist the individual in staying in the community as long as possible with enough services to ensure their needs are being met.
The Options for Long Term Care (OLTC) case managers work with the individual and family, if appropriate, to determine services designed to help meet the individual’s goal of remaining at home. We offer the individual freedom of choice of Long Term Care Medicaid services and agencies for those services. We work closely with other community senior resources in a collaborative effort to provide transportation, senior meals, home health, brief rehabilitation stays in skilled facilities, and hospice if necessary. We strive to meet the individual needs of the client, encouraging client directed service planning.
Examples of Services
- Adult Day Care
- Assisted Living
- Community Transition Services
- Consumer Directed services
- Electronic Monitoring (lifeline and medication dispensers)
- Personal Care and Homemaking
- Non-medical Transportation
- Home Modifications
- Skilled Nursing
- Referrals to counseling
- Respite Care
Home Care Allowance is also a program where a special allowance is paid to the Medicaid recipient to secure services in the home.
The above list may not be inclusive of all services available to recipients in the community; not all long term care programs offer identical services.
Home and Community Based Services for Delta, Gunnison, and Hinsdale Counties Single Entry Point
- Brain Injury (BI)
- Children’s Home & Community Based Services (CHCBS)
- Children with Life Limiting Illness (CLLI)
- Community Mental Health Supports (CMHS)
- Elderly, Blind, and Disabled (EBD)
- Long Term Home Health (LTHH)
To be eligible for any of these programs, the individual must meet income and resource limits for Medicaid as well as meet the functional level of care. Please call our office for more information.
- The Medicare.gov website has information on long-term care, the differences between Medicare and Medicaid, and how to choose and plan for long term care.
- Colorado Single Entry Point agencies provide access to long-term care information and services.
- Medicare.gov Home Health Agency Compare for Delta County, Colorado.
- Colorado Foundation for Medical Care has information for Home Health consumers.
- Colorado PEAK is an online service for Coloradoans to screen themselves and apply for medical, food, and cash assistance programs.
- Case Management Redesign will help make accessing long-term services and supports (LTSS) easier by changing case management agencies to serve all Home and Community-Based Service (HCBS) waivers so people have one place to go, making sure there are the right number of case management agencies in Colorado, and increasing the quality of case management services. For more information, visit the Colorado Dept. of Health Care Policy & Financing website.
OLTC for Delta, Gunnison, and Hinsdale CountiesPhysical Address
196 W. Hotchkiss Ave.
P.O. Box 729
Hotchkiss, CO 81419
196 W. Hotchkiss Ave. P.O. Box 729 Hotchkiss CO 81419
Local Phone: 970-872-1000
Toll Free: 1-855-502-6639
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Monday - Friday