We have moved!
Come visit us at the new location 211 W 6th Street - Delta. We are right next door in the former Delta Library. The public entry is on the south side of the building along 6th street.
Spring Burning Reminder - Always call the Burn Line!
Call the Delta County Burn line at 970-399-2955 before you burn! The Burn Line recording will tell you if it is ok to burn or not due to restrictions. If it is ok to burn, follow the prompt to leave your name, location of the burn and a call back number.
Never burn on a National Weather Service declared “Red Flag” fire day.
Make sure you have water and the necessary equipment to extinguish any fire you initiate. If your fire escapes your property and burns neighboring property and/or causes damages to neighboring property, you can face arson or other related charges.
If you feel you cannot safely manage a ditch or field fire, call 911 and request the fire department!
Learn more about agricultural/open burning restrictions.
Mission, Vision, and Values
The mission of the Delta County Sheriff’s Office is to serve the public in partnership with our community, to protect life and property, prevent crime and resolve problems in a fair, courteous and impartial manner. We will have the moral courage to recognize and adhere to the constitutional rights of all individuals. We will ask ourselves every day: WHAT’S IMPORTANT NOW…
United in the spirit of teamwork, the Delta County Sheriff’s Office is committed to providing the highest quality of law enforcement services to the people who live, work and visit our County. We will constantly evaluate and improve our efforts to enhance public safety with the goal of improving the quality of life within Delta County, while at the same time maintaining respect for individual rights and human dignity.
- Leadership – Each member of the organization is responsible for establishing the direction of the Sheriff’s Office and communicating the vision at every level of the organization. We show the way in our community by going first and guiding those who follow. We are entrusted with caring for the spirit of the organization.
- Service Orientation – Each employee enhances the quality of life within our community and our office through dedicated service. We will employ individuals who have the stamina, intelligence, moral courage, and the emotional stability to deal with human beings fairly and impartially.
- Integrity – Our value as Sheriff’s Office employees depends upon the respect and confidence we earn from the community and each other. The integrity of each individual, as well as the organization, is necessary for citizens to give us their trust. Without this trust, we cannot expect to form a partnership with the community.
- Excellence – We meet challenges and adversity with perseverance to attain individual and organizational goals.
- Fairness – Fundamental to delivering professional police service is the fair and equitable treatment of all individuals. Whether citizen or employee, all must be treated with dignity and respect.
- Teamwork – Teamwork is essential to the successful operation of the Sheriff’s Office. The team must include all employees working in partnership with each other and the community to attain our organizational goals.
- Personal Responsibility – Each of us has a personal responsibility for the success of our community. We respect, care about, trust and support each other. We respect and encourage individual responsibility, while recognizing we have a right and obligation to participate in leading our community. And we will not forget to ask ourselves "What’s Important Now."
211 W. 6th Street
Delta, CO 81416
211 W. 6th Street Delta CO 81416
PO Box 172
Delta, CO 81416
Phone: 970-874-2000Fax: 970-874-2027Emergency Phone: 911
Nosotros hablamos español
Monday through Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Closed on major holidays.